TASK 2. Watch the episode for the second time and say if the statements are true (1), false (2) or not stated (3). Fill in the table.
(макс. 7 БАЛЛОВ)
Chandler thought Hillary was blind.
Ross completely forgot about the date.
Ross’ friends found the colour of his teeth insane.
Hillary liked cooking a lot.
Monica tried to help Ross solve the problem.
Rachel had a difficult day.
Hillary noticed Ross had makeup on.
TASK 4. Give a 2 minute talk about appearance.
Divide into two groups and choose one of these 2 minutes’ episodes.
Take the set of cards with phrases the heroes say during the certain episode.
Rearrange the order of the sentences according to what you’ve seen. (макс.3 БАЛЛА)
While watching the episode for the third time check if you were right.
Read the dialogues.
Score the episodes for sound. (макс.5 БАЛЛОВ)
(макс. 6 БАЛЛОВ)Say:
Lesson 5. “The one with Ross’ teeth”.Questions for discussion:
If it is easier for good-looking people to achieve their aims.
If your attitude towards people depends on their appearance and how fashionable he/she is.
What is more important for you: to look fashionable or just neat and comfortable.
GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY ACTIVITIESTASK 1. Read the following dialogues. Fill in the gaps with suitable grammar forms of the words given at the end of each line.
What is the name of the episode you watched at the previous lesson?
Who are the main characters?
Make a short summary of the episode.
(макс.4,5 БАЛЛА (0,5 балла за каждый правильный ответ2
-Okay, maybe this _______ your MAKE
_______ look less white. Nope. Okay, colors that don’t work TOOTH
are blue, yellow, green, red, black, white, orange, and purple.
-I don’t know what I’m going to do. That date _______ START
in like an hour.
- Hey Ross, maybe if your skin was _________. LIGHT
Your teeth ________so bright. NOT LOOK
- Oh great. So all I need to do is get some new skin.
- I __________, if we put just a little bit of makeup on you. JUST SAY
- Whoa. Whoa. Whoa. We’re not 13 anymore.
- Ross this is the only thing left that _______ a shot at working. HAVE
- But, she ______ I have makeup on? NOT NOTICE
- Please. Half the guys out there have makeup on.
- All right, half the______. I mean, just try it and see. PERSON
- No. I (not to put) am not putting on makeup.TASK 2. Read the dialogues given below. Form suitable grammar and lexical forms of the words given at the end of each line. Fill in the gaps.
- You know, you’re a really great _________. LISTEN
_______ guys I go out with, they just talk and talk. MANY
- After a while it’s like, shut _______ mouth, you know? YOU
- I’ve ________ been talking too much. PROBABILITY
Why don’t we talk about you a little bit?
- Come on. I want to know.
* * *
- Hey, how was your breakfast with Hillary?
- It was okay. She’s still kind of _______ DEPRESSION
because she broke up with her boyfriend.
- Oh, yeah.
- Well, is this Hillary your HOT ______ chef Hillary? ASSIST
- The one that always stares at me when I come in?
- No, the one who looked at you ________ ONE
because you got in ____ way. SHE
- Still I _________ tell. She was into me. CAN
* * *
- Oh, My God. What happened to your teeth?
- I _______ them. WHITE
- Yeah. What do you think?
- Well, I think I shouldn’t look ________at them. DIRECT